"[Gaga Stigmata has] very modern, edgy photography to free flowing, urban narratives without censure to analytical essays, et cetera—like Gaga, imagination without ... limits. And the beauty is that anyone can submit work to the site, so artists and writers from all over the [world] have joined this experiment." -The Declaration.org

"Since March 2010, [Gaga Stigmata] has churned out the most intense ongoing critical conversation on [Lady Gaga]."
-Yale's The American Scholar

Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Lady of the Gaga, Gives Us Our Excesses

by Tamiko Beyer





sometimes, waking
to the blank eyes
of the penthouse
windows I miss
you, Lady Starlight

everyone starts small
before they go big
you knew that darling –

starlight’s a faint glow
when the city pulses below

::            ::

my superfans
you little monsters:
who wants to fuck a boy
who wants to fuck a girl
now you see
me now I don’t

::            ::

this door the excess
I adore – once
I couldn’t pay
my LES rent
but I looked
fucking gorgeous –
Versace, Dior,
the real thing
and now what? now
what? bubbles! feathers!
metal collars!
appliqué, sequins, appliqué!

let your tongue
taste every
part of me,
monsters,
this purple satin art-
deco body suit
red lace crown
latex mini hoop
is for you, look
lovelies – lick it,
the waning the waxing
cover your eyes
all you pretty boys and girls
I am the pretty boy
the pretty pretty girl
the hot top
hot comet top

take my body take my body take my eyes

::            ::

Christina said: I didn’t know if it
was a man or a woman

sweetheart,
all that picture proves
is I know how to pack
and the whole world’s
invested in the binary
of shudder fuck shudder

::            ::

the awkward diva’s
born knowing the trick
is finding pleasure

when I explode
all the mirrors flash

::            ::

come write me into relevance
come adore me into stardom
lick and lick and lick
little monsters – you want it –
my cunt-fist-fame
darling god and darling gays

all the world shudders

my body my body my body my fist

my fame a fist my dick a fist

::            ::

dear star,
you cannot pin
the curled script
across my forearm
because I have been
more lonely than you
will ever know – cover
your eyes

::            ::

bring me my heels
my orbiting rings
my center all my
little monsters
drool into my platinum
wig: get to know what wet
feels like: this, your fist-
filled moment: Get out
there’s no other superstar

                         Behind starlight
                         this is the burn, the bend
                         the sunblind


Author Bio:  
Tamiko Beyer’s poetry has appeared in The Sonora Review, Copper Nickel, diode, and elsewhere. She is a recipient of a grant from the Astraea Foundations’ Emerging Lesbian Writers Fund, and a Kundiman Asian American Poetry Fellow. She serves as the poetry editor at Drunken Boat, and is pursuing an M.F.A at Washington University in St. Louis.  

3 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.